[widget id=”text-41″]text-41[/widget]Are you listening to the conversation inside your head?
* “I’m tired of the smell on my fingers, on my breath, and on my clothes.”
* “I’m coughing a lot. I don’t want to get bronchitis.Or worse…”
* “My (significant other) is unhappy with my smoking—not just for me, but
because of the risk of getting lung cancer from second-hand smoke.”
“Money is tight—I can’t afford almost $50 a week just for smokes!”
Now….Create a vision of how your life will be better when you quit.
It doesn’t matter where you are in the quitting process. Start dreaming.
Your goals are what will propel you forward and keep you on track.
Create a vision of how your life will be better when you quit.
* My children are healthy, free of respiratory problems and
infections—they may smoke when they grow up, but I’ll know that I
showed them that it is possible to quit.
* I have more energy and money—I’m taking (fill-in-the-blank)
lessons—something I’ve always wanted to do.
* I am enjoying my job more now— I can focus on the task at hand
rather than worrying about getting out for a cigarette break.
* I feel more eligible for a promotion, now I have the cigarette
“monkey” off my back.
Now it’s your turn. Close your eyes and see your life without
cigarettes—-what is happening?