7 Major Reasons Why You Should Stop Smoking

Every smoker has his or her personal reasons for quitting. If you’re entertaining the idea of stopping smoking day but you’re not yet sure of the reasons why, take a few minutes reading this post. Below is the list of the most popular reasons why smokers quit. Mind you, they are so powerful that they can greatly increase your chance of eliminating this unhealthy habit.

 1.   Because you care about your health.

Did you know that smoking is directly responsible for more than 50 medical conditions? If you’re a smoker, quitting is one of the best ways to improve your health and increase your chance of living for a longer period of time. Studies suggest that smokers who quit in their 30s extend their lifespan by 10 more years!

2.   Because you care about your family.

If you’re a parent, the only thing you probably dream about is to take care of your kids, guide them, and help them in every way you can. You most likely want to see your future grandchildren and be present in the most important events in their life. Stopping smoking today makes all these dreams possible.

3.  Because you want to save money.

The cost of smoking is extremely higher than what you expect. State and federal taxes levied on tobacco manufacturers continue to go up that in some places, a pack of cigarettes already costs $10.00! Not only that.  Smoking makes you vulnerable to serious health problems such as cancer, which is the reason why healthcare policies given to smokers are more expensive than those who are given to non-smokers.

4.  Because you want to satisfy your partner.

Smoking poses serious risks to your health, particularly to your reproductive health. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels and prevent blood from circulating properly in your body, which affects sensitivity. In one study, researchers found that men who successfully quit smoking had thicker, more rigid erections and were able to reach maximum arousal five times faster than those who still smoke.

5.   Because you want to look younger.

Your physical appearance has a huge impact on your level of confidence and well-being. Cigarette smoking does nothing but make you look years older than your true age. It makes you prone to wrinkles, yellow teeth, dark lips, dry skin, and unhealthy hair.

6.   Because you don’t want to be a slave of cigarette anymore. Today, due to so many laws and policies restricting smoking, it is becoming more inconvenient and aggravating to smoke. Imagine having to go out every time you have to smoke, not minding the cold air or rain. Isn’t it more wonderful if you will go out anytime you want to and not anytime you need to?

7.   Because you don’t want to be a public nuisance. Only 20 per cent of the American population smoke. That means the other 80 per cent are most likely bothered every time they smell tobacco smoke or see cigarette butts stuffed everywhere.

There are so many other reasons why you should stop smoking. And there’s no better time than today. Quit smoking now and get the quality of life you deserve.



Related Posts


“…what does it mean? what is it exactly? Is it real? … like if someone has ADHD is not like you have herpes, like you