There are many ways to help you quit smoking, such as nicotine patches, prescription medication and more. But, only few people know that one of the most effective ways can be found inside their home. It’s healthy food!
These 5 diet tips can help you quit smoking.
- Every time you crave for smoking, you can eat some salty foods or you can put some salt on the tip of your tongue. It can help you to avoid the urge of nicotine.
- Celery, milk, carrot, vegetables and fruits when consumed before smoking gives an unpleasant taste, forcing the smoker to snuff out the cigarette halfway through due to the bad taste in the mouth.
- Smoking deprives you of efficient Vitamin C supply, giving you with an insufficiency that the nicotine fills. Taking foods which contains high amount of Vitamin C, like guava, lemon, orange etc, decrease smoking urges.
- You may keep your mouth busy. Eat sugar-free chewing gum or candy; this is a helpful way to deal with nicotine cravings.
- Fragrant smell of dried fruit helps reduce cravings to smoke.
Eating ample amount of vegetables and fruits can help smokers fight nicotine addiction. However, make sure you avoid red meat, alcohol and caffeine because these may increase your urge to smoke. Eating healthy foods and quitting smoking will make a big difference to your lifestyle and health. It’s never too late to quit smoking to significantly improve your health and enjoy life.
Apart from these diet tips, you can also seek social support from friends and family. Let them know that you want to quit and you’re willingly trying to do so. They can keep you busy and get your attention off from lighting up a cigarette. Doing physical activities like biking, walking and swimming might as well help kill the urge of smoking. You can also ask the doctor’s help. There are prescription medications to help you avoid smoking. You have to consider this option because nicotine addiction can be successfully removed with the right medication. And don’t forget to remind yourself daily about your plan. Tell yourself that you can avoid smoking and you’re strong enough to fight such temptation.
These diet and quit smoking tips can only help you if you’re wholeheartedly dedicated to quit smoking. If you lack determination and easily give up for your goal, there’s no way to quit smoking tips can help you fight this addiction.
Quitting smoking requires discipline, commitment and sacrifice from the smoker to overcome the urge of smoking. The smoker should really desire to avoid the unhealthy habit and he should act on it in a proper way. You can’t quit smoking when you are doing it over and over again. There are many strategies that work effectively for one individual but greatly ineffective for others. You must find ways that match you well and do it. These diet and quit smoking tips can only help you if you’re wholeheartedly dedicated to quit smoking. If you lack determination and easily give up for your goal, there’s no way to quit smoking tips can help you fight this addiction.