It is true that quitting smoking is very difficult to handle. Many people want to quit but they can’t do it. Quitting smoking is tough no matter who you are.
Smoking is one of the scariest and harmful things you can do to yourself. But why are there still many people who can’t ditch the habit? They can’t because they are much addicted with the nicotine inside the cigarette. They experience cravings from time to time which they cannot control, making it hard for them to carry on. If you want to stop from smoking, there are some tips that will help you face all the difficulties in quitting cigarette.
10 creative ways on how to quit smoking:
- Eat health-boosting foods. Studies said suggest that certain foods and beverages can make a cigarette taste unpleasant. They include garlic, ginger and oranges. Incorporating these foods into your diet can lessen your desire to smoke and help you overcome your cravings.
- Brush your teeth when you feel the urge to smoke. Brushing your teeth will help a lot to stop your cravings not only because you are enjoying the clean feeling but also because of the taste of freshness in your mouth.
- Get pregnant. Smoking causes many pregnancy health risks. It can cause too many complications for your unborn child like premature babies, SIDS, and underweight. Once you are pregnant, the health of the unborn child inside depends on you. So you may have the feeling of guilt every time you smoke and the fears that your unborn child may suffer from the said complications.
- Join a Facebook group. A support group can be a source of strength and encouragement in your journey towards a cigarette-free life. You can also use this to help you overcome addiction. It is said that social media sites increases an individual’s likelihood of overcoming addiction. And it is suggested that Facebook and Twitter could be implemented in new smoking cessation tactics.
- Write an article. Be responsible to share your stories. It is also important to share your life lessons in quitting cigarette to help other people understand how hard it is to overcome addiction.
- Acupuncture will be able to help you quit. It has an effective treatment to help you overcome tobacco addiction. Acupuncture has two cessation strategies to help you quit cigarette. One is the “stop suddenly” treatment where in taking one cigarette should not be considered as a failure. This will also lessen your addiction to smoke. The second is “gradual withdrawal” where in the treatment changes the taste of cigarettes. This will also help you to quit.
- Go camping. Travelling around can be the best reasons to forget your smoking. You will feel the excitement about having a good time with your family especially with your kids; this can be the best reason to stop your urges.
- Visit lung cancer victims caused by too much cigarette. Go to the hospitals with lung cancer patients. From them you will realize that smoking harms every organ of the body and weakens your overall health that can lead into cancer. This will realize you quit smoking.
- Save your money. Save your money to the bank or in a jar. Do not waste your money buying cigarettes that will only cause you cancer. Save your life! And save your money.
- Watch the photos of lifelong smokers and be afraid. Look at the pictures of people who never stop smoking. It is confirmed that smoking leads to premature aging of the face. This also contributing to more wrinkles, exhausted skin and under-eye-bags.
When there’s a will, there’s a way. Hope these creative ideas have made you realized that quitting smoking is possible, and there are many ways to do it.