Bad habits such as smoking, can ruin your life and stop you from accomplishing your goals and become successful. It makes you vulnerable to disease both physically and mentally. They also waste your time, effort and energy.
So what can you do to stop this habit? Or is there anything you can do to stop it?
It is very important to make new practices and changes in your life.
What are the things you can do to distract you from thinking about cigarettes? You need something interesting to distract you; and focus on your work, creating the best ways to quit smoking. Here are some of the practices you can try to replace your bad habits with something good.
- Join a gym or sign up for a “fun run”. Going to the gym is one of the best things to change your habit. But if you find it expensive, don’t worry because there are many alternatives. You can simply exercise all by yourself by simply taking a brisk walk for about 10 minutes. You can also run-in the park, beach or in anywhere you want. Whenever you get the feeling of smoking, do walk, run or exercise. Great breathing exercises also clear your lungs and lessens your withdrawal symptoms.
- They said that sleeping is the best way for you to relax. It is good for your body and reduces your stress levels. It provokes you to change your behavior including cutting down on nicotine intake. It can also minimize irritability and negative emotions caused by nicotine syndrome. Make sure you’re getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Spend more time with your children. Spending more time with your children can be the best way to change your habit of smoking. It doesn’t matter if you are playing, painting or chatting with your kids and feeling like you are getting younger. The point is that you cannot smoke while playing with them. So make it your habit.
- Find places where smoking is not allowed. Find a place to go where smoking is not allowed and make it habit to go there. There are many places you can go and you cannot smoke but you can still feel the enjoyment and relaxation like going to theaters and cinemas. Attend conventions and seminars. Or spend your time with kids at home.
- Think of your savings. You can calculate your money and you can save it because you are no longer smoking. Cigarette is expensive. If you stop smoking you will stop buying cigarette and you will start saving your money. That savings can buy something for you. Reward yourself with air tickets, clothes, books, DVD collections of your favorite series, anything that can give you fun.
- Learn playing musical instrument. Learn to play instruments like guitar and piano. This will give you chance to try something different. This is good for your brain as well, and can be the best replacement for smoking. Try this kind of practice and sure you’ll enjoy it!
- And the last one, keep your hands busy. Keep your hands busy by writing, painting, or playing video games and crosswords. Gardening is also a great way to keep your hands busy. This is good to change smoking habits.